Are you wondering if now is the time to seek help for your mental wellbeing? Here are some signs that it might be time to talk to a professional.
If you’re experiencing any of the following on a regular basis, it could be indicative of a larger issue:
– Feeling hopeless or helpless
– Losing interest in activities you used to enjoy
– Withdrawing from friends and family
– Changes in appetite or sleep patterns
– Irritability or unexplained anger
– Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
– Unexplained aches and pains
– Feeling like life isn’t worth living
If you’re experiencing any of these things, please reach out to a mental health professional or hotline in your area. You don’t have to go through this alone.
If you’re having thoughts of harming yourself or others, this is an immediate sign that you need to seek help. Call a hotline like the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to the emergency room.
If you’re not in an immediate crisis but are struggling with your mental health, there are still options for you. You can talk to your primary care doctor, a therapist, or a counselor.
There are also many online resources available, like the Crisis Text Line (text “HOME” to 741741) or 7 Cups (https://www.7cups.com/).
Don’t suffer in silence- there is help available. Start by reaching out to someone today.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911. For more resources, please visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/.